[Coco] Re: graduating...

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Tue Apr 12 22:31:13 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/12/05 4:17:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Torsten at Dittel.info writes:

>>  Congratulations!  Having gone thru this twice (MS and PhD), I can  feel
your
>> relief and happiness "aus meines Herzes grunde"  (or words to that
effect).

>Great words to that effect!  Words by Georg Niege (Nigidius) from a
>beautiful song ("My inmost heart  now raises") he wrote in 1584. J.S.
>Bach later made a Choral (BWV269,  1st in Kirnberger Collection) which is
>quite  famous.

Thanks, Torsten.  Did I already tell you that I originally learned  German
(ein bischen) from years of singing Bach cantatas and other similar  music?
Thus I can talk about spiritual matters in quaint 17th century  backwoods German
dialect, but cannot ask directions to the hotel in Mainz?

Yes this is OT, but it fits nicely with all the accounts of "I learned C  and
professional programming by playing with my Coco."  Which I agree with,  BTW.
--Mike K.