[Coco] Up Chicago Way

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun Apr 10 22:53:11 EDT 2005

Considering that from 1975 to present the CPI has risen 300%,  the
price of gasoline paid during the crisis in the 70's would be
equivalent to about $2.80 per gallon. So presently no we are only
pay ing a slight percentage higher in gas than we did during the
heigth of the 70's oil embargo.

To be honest if the US dollar keeps its free fall, I would not be at all
surprised that $4 to $5 per gallon is not impossible by the year's
end.

james