[Coco] Re: Joystick Sampling

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Apr 8 18:05:54 EDT 2005

Torsten

I would also like to alter the description a bit

First the starting reference value should be 31 ($1F). After the
compare the reference value is shifted right or left depending on the
state of the comparator. Either divided by 2 or multiplied by 2. One
keeps shifting untill the comparator changes state or the ceiling or
floor value is reached. If the ceiling or florr value is reached before
then there is an error.

Once the comparator changes state then either the reference value
is adjusted up or down by one until the comparator changes state
again. It becomes an iterate process until the  final value is found.

While this sounds complicated it is actually quite faster than if one
were to start at either zero or 63 and go up or down one step at a
time. Essentially you start at the middle go up  or down until you
pass the value and then work your way back to the value in small
steps.

james