[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Can I use a CM-4 on the Coco 3

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Thu Apr 7 21:29:27 EDT 2005

Just to clarify:

The CM-8 also displays PMODE 4 artifact colors in black and white.

The only way to get those colors back would be to either

A: use a composite color monitor (or like those old magnavox monitors
that do RGB and composite) or a TV

B: patch the program to use PMODE 3 graphics and set the appropriate
color palette to black, red/blue, blue/red, white. Note that I've done
this and it doesn't look quite like the real thing (but closer than
alternating white and black dots)

The CM-4 is a ttl digital RGB monitor, and can probably be modified to
work as an analog RGB monitor, but the CM-8 would be better.

If you can find one, a NEC 3D is also a great CoCo 3 monitor.

Sylvain De Chantal wrote:

> --- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, Basil Fitze <basilf at t...> wrote:
>
> Hi Basil,
>
> Yes you can use a CM-4 monitor on your Coco 3, that's what i am
> using BUT you will have NO SOUND. Either use the Audio output or
> pin 2 (ground) and pin 7 (audio) and solder a audio mono jack (1/8
> inch size) and plug any amplified PC speakers and you will have
> sound!
>
> But like Diego wrote in reply 2164, some Coco 1-2 games will display
> in black & white (like Mega-Bug) on RGB monitors. If you need the
> pinout for making a cable from the Cco 3 to the CM-4, let me know.
>
> But the BEST monitor would be the CM-8 (if you can get one).
>
> --- Sly DC ---
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>OOPs Can I use a CM-4 on the Coco 3, I thought the Monitor of
>
> choice was
>
>>the CM-8
>>
>>I can get one for $10.00 CAN and it appears to run fine.
>>

>>Basil
>

> Brought to you by the 6809, the 6803 and their cousins!
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links