[Coco] Kent D. Meyers

Vern Burke vburke at skow.net
Wed Apr 6 17:48:07 EDT 2005

Ooof, only 66.

Vern

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Podraza" <tonypodraza at juno.com>
To: <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 5:42 PM
Subject: [Coco] Kent D. Meyers

> We received a postcard in response to our latest newsletter mailing, that
Kent has passed into the annals of the "Silent Keys".  He will be greatly
missed.

> I did some further research and found the following:
>

> Kent Meyers -- LeRoy
> 01/21/2005
>
> Kent Meyers -- LeRoy
>
> LeRoy -- The funeral for Kent DeLane Meyers will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at
Evangelical Lutheran Church in LeRoy, with the Rev. Thomas Kolden
officiating. Burial will be in LeRoy City Cemetery.

> Mr. Meyers, 66, of LeRoy, a longtime LPC employee, died Thursday (Jan. 20,
2005) at his home.

> Born July 4, 1938, in Austin, he graduated valedictorian of his class at
LeRoy High School and began working at LPC in LeRoy in 1957. After serving
in the Army from 1961 to 1963, he returned to LPC and continued working
there until the time of his death.

> Survivors include four sisters, Marsha (Steve) Sorenson of Ostrander, Pat
(Dale) Ricks of Hudson, Iowa, Alice Meyers of Austin and Mary Meyers of
LeRoy; and a brother, Dave (Shelley) of Eyota.

> Friends may call from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday at the church.
>
> Hindt Funeral Home in LeRoy is in charge of arrangements.
>

> Kent hasn't been to a FEST! for awhile, but I do remember his
contributions and conversations when he did attend.