[Coco] Gadgets

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Wed Apr 6 13:04:51 EDT 2005

brucecalkins at bellsouth.net writes:

<< Bill, George, and others,

 >  I believe the "Lower Case Kit" was an EPROM that replaced the masked in
 ROM
 > in the VDG.

 This is correct.  The 6847 had provision for an external ROM.  (2K or so,
 2716?)  At least one of the CoCo magazines had a article on how to.
 (THE COLOR COMPUTER MAGAZINE, August 1983 page 33 by Dennis Kitsz.)

 Bruce W.

      I actually have one of those original boards.   Got it wihen
I bought out a friends coco collection back in 1985

Roy