[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Re: Adapter from Coo3 to SVGA

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Tue Apr 5 23:16:33 EDT 2005

In a message dated 4/5/05 10:45:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time, RJRTTY at aol.com
writes:

<< << Actually, that pin is already programmed as an output by default.
 > It is connected through a 4.7K resistor to pin#10, which also has
 >a 4.7K pullup resistor to +5V >>

I took another look at the schematic and your right Rodney.
There is a 4.7k resistor in-line BEFORE the pull-up.   Why
did they do that ?!!  :(((.   All it needed was a resistor in the
100 ohm range to protect that line.
    If the signal was properly conditioned and  buffered then I think
it could still work.  This could be accomplished in the
converter.   The I2C protocol is niether fast nor demanding.
It will take some experimentation to find the
solution  but I think there is a solution.

Still smelling like a rose. :))

Time to STORM THE CASTLE !!!!!

Roy