[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Serial Printing

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Tue Apr 5 10:29:11 EDT 2005

On ebay I once bought (actually at a ridiculous price, originally this
has been a $200 device) a bag full of Serial<->Parallel converters (each
one even came with an externel PSU and with a DSUB25->DSUB9 adaptor).
They have an intel microcontroller inside and work both ways (S->P,
P->S). Baudrate is auto-detected or setup by jumpers (I have the docs).
I'll try to interface some parallel printers to the CoCo's bit banger
port and tell you about my experiences. If it works, I will share some
of them with the community (I don't need all of them), you just had to
find a (standard & cheap transformer) PSU, because those which came with
it are 240V/50Hz.

Torsten