[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Re: Adapter from Coo3 to SVGA

Mark Marlette mark at cloud9tech.com
Tue Apr 5 09:18:43 EDT 2005

Most of these chips sets when in their final product form has OSD, on
screen display. This is a micro that controls what Roy is doing in his
setup program and more.

Atmel's AVRs are VERY reasonably priced, many $2-5 in small qty. They
have flash, EE, and ram. Perfect fit for this.

We are using the AVR and a MAXII CPLD for the PS/2 keyboard and mouse
interface for the SuperBoard. Inside of the MAX contains all of the
PS/2 registers for the keyboard, mouse and the keyboard matrix that
replaces the out of product RCA and Mitel analog switch matrix.
Interrupt driven, programmable keys, do what ever you would like.
Matrix mode for backwards compatibility and PS/2 mode that allows
NitrOS-9 just to process PS/2 key codes and mouse coordinates. WAY too
much fun!!!

Would love to add this to the Superboard but when is done, done????

There is SO much I/O coming out of the CoCo already on the SB. What
would another 10 pin VGA connector hurt....???? :)

Mark