[Color Computer] Re: [Coco] Adapter from Coo3 to SVGA

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Tue Apr 5 02:28:55 EDT 2005

theother_bob at yahoo.com writes:

<<
 Hi Roy, I'm glad to see you got this project working so quickly. I'll
probably
 buy one in the future, but at this point I'm especially interested in your
use
 of the cassette interface to control the I2C bus... seems like we could use
 that to quickly and cheaply add a Real-Time clock to our CoCo's with little
 more than a casette cable. Cool.

       My I2C solution will probably work with any application but you
must be made aware that I used the relay part of the cassette port
as the "data" signal and therefore it would not be a good choice for
an overtly high traffic application.    I used it because the converter
needs progamming only once untill power is disconnected from
the unit for extended periods and so it was an appropiate
chioce.     If the real time clock is only occasionally accessed then
it would work.
      I used the cassette port because it is rarely used except
for the Tandy high res ADC interface.  Also, the cable for it
is common as creek water and should be easy for anyboy
to get.
      If there was an application where frequent or regular
access was required the bit banger port would be a better
choice if you didn't need it for something else.

>>  If there is any shortage of cassette cables, I can make brand new ones. I
can
 also offer custom floppy and other I/O cables.

 cheers,
 Bob Emery >>

thanks, I'll keep that in mind,

Roy