[Coco] Adapter from Coo3 to SVGA

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Sun Apr 3 18:05:08 EDT 2005

leonard23 at verizon.net writes:

<< I will not be able to attend the fest, but I am interested in this unit.
 Could I get some more info on it, like cost? >>

     OK.   The final price for the unit after the initial 10 boards are all
sold will be in around $70 to $75 dollars.    I am pricing the
first 10 units at $45 dollars to help promote the fest and
because the first people who buy it will be a "test" of the unit to
find any long term problems that might arise.   Everyone will get
an unconditional money back garauntee if something happens
with the unit whenever it was bought.     $45 also recovers the
price of the PC boards.    I expect no problems tho because I
have done everything except throw it against a wall and it
continues to work properly.

          After the fest is over and I complete and distribute the
the units I sell there, I will let everyone here know when I am
open for business.  (shouldn't take too long)

          During use the unit connects with the coco3 via the RGB port
using a cable identical to the cable sold at cloud 9  which most
use to connect to the old Magnavox and other  monitors.     So,
if you already have one you won't need to buy another.      I will
be supplying them too of course.    The VGA cable from the
SVGA monitor will connect directly to the unit via VGA socket.
The converter will also connect to the cassette port of the coco3
using the original cassette tape recorder cable already used on all
coco's.    So, a lot of people will probably already have that as well.
I will also try to scrounge up as many as I can find to include it
with each converter.

          The software is a very short and simple basic
program that is loaded and run once to initiallize the converter.
After that you can disconnect the cassette cable and not need it
anymore except if power is lost to the converter for a long time.
You can leave the power  to the converter on when you power down
the coco3 and attachments without causing harm.   I think the current
draw is about 200 ma. (in front of the voltage regulator).

        And that's about it.   If you have any other questions
just ask and I will answer them here for everyone to read.

Roy