[Coco] Re: The typical CoCo user is aged...?!?

Ray Watts rayanddoraleew at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 2 22:29:10 EST 2005

I devoted about the first 7 years of my retirement to learning
programming in several languages on the CoCo and to interfacing new
hardware to it.  Did all the repackaging things also.

During the past several years I have been drawn into the fantastic
graphics capabilities of modern computers, even my 5 year old iMac.
 It's amazing what can be accomplished with just a little creativity and
a few basic apps. Do a lot of stained glass simulation and all the
family greeting & xmas cards (not the foldies from the print shops, but
80# coated card stock using my own designs).   Also relearning
programming via OOP.  Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm finding
the difference from linear programming a challange.  I seldom know what
code the OOP is going write for me and what I have to write myself.
 Thought it would be easy after laying out the menus, buttons, slides,
etc under the upgraded Basic09 but it ain't the same at all.