[Coco] Re: The typical CoCo user is aged...?!?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sat Apr 2 16:21:31 EST 2005

Robert

The known population that now currently uses the Coco is uncertain. That actually
can not be determined without an exhaustive detailed study.

In this case the population is unknown. Yet a sample size of 32 is a significant
number. The sample size of 57 is even better. I also stated that this sample is a
good indication of the users at this time. The fact is that the sample yielded two
distinct peaks of user ages.

I never stated that it was indeed a prediction of the overall population. I do state that
the sample size is significant and that some general conclusions can be drawn from
the small sample size. Yes even a sample size of 32 can yield significant
conclusions. Not definitive conclusions.

I contend that if the sample size eventually grew to 200, there still will yield two
peaks in the age distribution. I cannot state which one will be larger. I can not
determine exactly what ages are the two peaks. Though I can be confident that
there will be two peaks.

james