[Coco] A first CoCo user age chart!!! :-)

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sat Apr 2 15:24:12 EST 2005

alxevans at concentric.net writes:

>Before ADM Hopper and after Ada Lovelace, there was a period where  the
>powers that be considered programming to be a secretarial task and  as
>such assigned it almost exclusively to  women.

True enough.  In my early years at Bell Labs, I was told to emphasize  my
hardware design work and play down any programming I did (including inside my
designed devices), since software was regarded as "skirt work" and not real
engineering.

Firmware was what I ended up liking the best -- just one or two ROM chips  to
make the hardware sing and dance -- Mike K.