[Coco] Re: The typical CoCo user is aged...?!?

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Sat Apr 2 12:36:42 EST 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-02 at 07:29 -0500, Robert Gault wrote:
> Not trying to be argumentative here but with (a guess) between 10,000 to
> 100,000 Cocos sold, how is 57 samples of a select rather than average
> group representative?

With this group it's less of a sample and more of a census, I'd
think :-)  We're not looking into all Cocos sold, we're looking into the
population of people still using/interested in them. They're likely to
be either on this list or the Yahoo list.

For a simple random sample, we could give the mean and s.d. with good
confidence with around thirty samples. I'm no statistician, but I think
we've got pretty good data. Looking at that graph it seems pretty clear
that we're seeing two age groups.

-- John.