[Coco] Re: The typical CoCo user is aged...?!?

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Sat Apr 2 08:30:01 EST 2005

Robert Gault wrote:
> Not trying to be argumentative here but with (a guess) between 10,000 to
> 100,000 Cocos sold, how is 57 samples of a select rather than average
> group representative?

Well, the question is how many CoCos are still used or at least how many
people are still (or again after a pause) interested in it (I'm not
talking about collectors who collect any vintage computer system without
special interest in the CoCo). What you can see from the chart is
obviously the teenage-generation (aged 30 to 40) are those still glued
to the CoCo and those who could be their dads (50 to 70). In between
their's a gap...

However, I still wouldn't talk about something representive. The whole
poll was just a fun thing born out of curiosity and has never been
planned to been something scientific... ;-)

Torsten