[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Re: Older CoCo Single Full Height Bay Drive Cases....

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Apr 1 21:45:56 EST 2005

On Friday 01 April 2005 20:33, Dave wrote:
>Gene, the dual drive cases are rated at .25A or 30W approx. Do you
>have a single drive unit and the rating of the PS by any chance?
>Cheers Dave

No, I don't ATM.  30 watts in would be the equ of 6 amps at 5 volts,
or 3 amps at 12 volts, or a mixture of the 2.  Eg, 3 amps at 5 volts,
and 1.5 amps at 12 volts should be doable.  I think 2 drives should
be pretty happy running on that.

I think, generally, that if its not anywhere near running at full CCS,
that it can supply an amp for the motors and another amp for the
electronics without too much trouble.  That should run a pair of
drives for long enough to format a disk & do a backup I'd think.  Do
that 4x running and I'd be considering the addition of a fan in the
case, just a teeny litle 486 sized thing blowing on the tranny and
regulator board should be enough.  Once the motors stop, I see no
reason to worry about overheating anything.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Yahoo! Groups Links