[Coco] [Color Computer] RE: Getting CoCo ads on Gnutella

Stephen Blunt sblunt at agsecorp.com
Thu Apr 28 12:14:45 EDT 2005

You could be right. I've cleaned up a lot of pcs for people at work and all
their systems are heavily infected with spy/adware. Limewire was the culprit
- but it may have been  stuff obtained through limewire rather then limewire
itself. I apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings.

I use spybot S&D, Ad-aware by lavasoft, Spywareblaster (for activex) and
Mcafee 2005, for dealing with the nasties.

Stephen Blunt

>Stephen,
>Classed as adware by whom? Limewire contains NO adware/spyware! I have
>been using it for over a year and I can say with 100% confidence that it
>does NOT contain any adware/spyware. This sounds like RIAA/MPAA FUD to
>me. And no, I don't wear a tin-foil hat, but I don't buy any new
>recordings either... See the EFF at <http://www.eff.org/> specifically
><http://www.eff.org/share/>
>
>Now I'm done with this thread; I'm so tired of the M$, RIAA/MPAA,
>corporate-entrenched "gotta do it our way" crap! I love my MC-10 and my
>5 CoCos. I'm sorry they have M$ BASIC but I do love them!
>
>WarpDavey

Yahoo! Groups Links