[Coco] Re: MC-10 mistakes

Rogelio Perea os9dude at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 21 00:10:12 EDT 2005

"Neil Morrison" wrote:

> [...]

Mmmm, for all the bad press and rap the CoCo chicklet keyboard got those
years back, many people put up with chicklets today and don't really make a
big deal out of it... perhaps they missed the CoCo revolution :-)

One of the trendier keyboards the company I work for issues with their high
end "terminal" equipment (to access financial and general news data) is
chicklets all over, but packaged in an attractive way, thus far I haven't
heard of any customer complaining or snickering at the keyboard. Some of the
early versions of the Bloomberg terminal (mid 90s) actually had keyboards
that were very close to the MC-10's plastic pegs.

You can check out the keyboard I am talking about at
http://www.engadget.com/entry/8818259725960126/

Of all the CoCo keyboards the one I have the most trouble using (but not to
an extent of a total dislike) is the "melted" keys of the F board... not
enough travel and mechanical feedback. With my big hands (huh) I find it
easier to use the standard CoCo chicklets followed by the CoCo 2 & 3 full
travel keyboards.

-=[ Rogelio ]=-