[Coco] Re: New and fresh ideas for next years CoCoFest

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Sun Apr 17 17:52:40 EDT 2005

Hello Brian

I'm very excited to hear that we (i.e GCCC) are planning, or atleast talking
about, another Fest. I had a great time at the last one. The hotel was
outstanding. I really wish I lived a little closer to you guys, I'd be at
every meeting <sigh>. But the commute from Norton, Ohio is a bit much.

On 04/20/2005, Brian Goers wrote:
> Mark Marlette wrote:
>> At 02:48 PM 4/18/2005, you wrote:
>>
>> Sure, the more the merrier!
>>
>> Who will take the lead on this though? We would want to make sure that
>> the CoCo crowd was the largest group! :)
>
> I have not read farther ahead, but Glenside is discussing how to
> expand.  enlarge the show. Since we host it, we would have control.
>>
>>> BEWARE! Nick has another wild and crazy idea!   :)
>>>
>>> Regarding the CoCoFest for next year, how about...
>>>
>>> 1) We merge the CoCoFest with other classic Tandy computer users such
>>> as the
>
> <Stuff Deleted>
> Or have other 8-bit computer users attend.
>

>>> 2) Chase some outside sponsership.
>>
> Or inform newspapers, cable etc. to advertise the show. The Hotel I
> noticed had TV displaying events that were at the hotel.
>

>>> 3) Start planning the fest from now so that we can include special
>>> guests,
> At the next meeting we will be discussing 'New Business'
> We will be making more plans.
> We start out strong but it is so easy to fade a bit. I plan to have a
> stronger focus.
>
>>> drum up attendees and get the whole classic Tandy computer community
>>> offering ideas and suggestions to make this into one big retro
>>> festival.
>
>>> Just a thought.  :)
>>>
>>> Nick Marentes
>
> It's a good thought.
> I'll try to keep everyone up to date.
>
> Brian Goers
> Vice President of Special Events.

Regards
--
Cruising on AutoPilot                       |
        With an Amiga           ---o-o-O-o-o---  and a CoCo