[Coco] Slightly OT - Music Preferences and the Coco

Steve Ostrom smostrom at mn.rr.com
Tue Apr 19 01:20:43 EDT 2005

While thinking about the latest round of fiery e-mails on this list, I
started to wonder why the Coco had and still has such a fascination for
us.  I think that originally it was because it was a computer that had
such tremendous, untapped potential.  But why is the fascination still
there now?  Partly it's because of that same potential, which is finally
being tapped by members of this list.  But I think it is partly still
popular because it's "retro".

I was in high school during the 60's, and loved to listen to all the new
rock music.  Guess what?  That same music (now called oldies) is still
my favorite.  Maybe "retro"?

So here's my proposal, if anyone is interested.  I'd love to see if this
idea is on-track or way off-base.  I'd love to hear what your favorite
music is.  If there is enough response, I'll make a similar chart that
was done recently about age, but it will tabulate music preference.  I'd
like to get responses from this list on which type of music is your
favorite, and then to name your top 5 groups, with your very favorite
listed as #1.  If you were stranded on an island for a year, and could
only listen to the music of 5 different groups, which would they be?

To start things off, here is my list, and you can tell why I think that
many responses might be similar "retro".  But I might be surprised.
Please limit it to only 5 groups.  I had a really hard time with this
limitation, but it will get out of line pretty quickly if it's not limited.

Thanks!

Type:
Oldies

Groups: