[Coco] The CoCo as a Real World Controller platform

Nickolas Marentes nick at launch.net.au
Mon Apr 18 15:57:40 EDT 2005

Roger "Merch" Merchberger wrote...

> If I was going to do that, I'd prolly use one of my Model 100's - smaller,
> lighter, and designed to run on batteries.

Nick Replys...

You're certainly right there. The portable power and built in CMOS RAM are
perfect for this. (Especially for an R2D2 project!)

But this was a discussion about things to do with/for the CoCo.

Finding a TRS-80 Model 100 is a bit more difficult though whereas most of us
here on the list may have a spare CoCo packed away in a cupboard. The CoCo
has a larger color VDU that can be used to display real world data and
control information better. Depending on the application, the Model 100's
LCD screen would be fine though. The CoCo also has the benefit of a 4
channel ADC for real world interfacing.

Do you have any links to schematics for constructing a real world interface
for the Model 100?

I must drag my Model 100 out of storage and have a bit of a play.

Nick Marentes