[Coco] [Color Computer] USB Anyone?

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 23:28:59 EDT 2005

Anyone interested in a USB interface?

I sat down today and figured out what it would take and it's not a big
deal hardware wise.  1 USB chip, 1 USB connector, some caps, some
resistors, 1 zener diode, a 12 MHz crystal, 1 Transistor, a couple
LEDs (optional), a couple logic chips and some capacitors.  Most of
the parts are for the clock circuit and +3.3V power for the chip.

Their are a some differences in the CoCo buss/address logic from the
sample but that's minor... just generate separate read and write
signals from the R/W* line, invert some logic... stuff like that.

I'm already entering the schematic but the big question is what
addresses to use and should I include some other stuff like Flash so
you can boot from it?  I could include generic drivers for keyboard,
joystick and drives at boot time.  If a device is plugged in... patch
the vectors to read from the device.

Yahoo! Groups Links