[Coco] eBay Scams???

Steve Ostrom smostrom at mn.rr.com
Sun Apr 10 01:50:42 EDT 2005

There has been some discussion recently about a certain eBay seller
(georgep) that is scamming people.  Pasted below is his two most recent
negative comments.  Hopefully this pasted info will make it through to
the list OK.  He seems to have a pretty good record, with 5 negatives in
the past 6 months with a large number of positives, including these two
negatives by glenvdb.  I know glen has been active on this list for
awhile, but I did recently win a fairly expensive second chance ebay
auction from someone (not georgep) who said the first winner never paid
him and didn't answer his e-mails.  That person was glenvdb.  Glen, I'm
not trying to start a flame war here, but am just reporting the facts
that I know.  I have no first-hand information if georgep is legit or
not, but there seems to be more than one side to this story.  It might
be prudent for all of us to be careful, but it seems that glenvdb and
georgep are feuding, and maybe neither is being 100% honest.  You'll
have to make your own decisions.  I guess I would still bid on items
from georgep but would be careful not to overbid so that if he does bump
up his own auction, you won't pay more than you would expect to pay.
Please don't take my word for any of this, but if you are concerned,
check eBay records yourself.  I'd hate for either glen or george to get
a bad rap if it is not deserved.  -- Steve --

Negative feedback rating
	Bid shill, re-sells item he has already sold , beware he is out to scam you

	Buyer   glenvdb
<http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=glenvdb>
( 131
<http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=glenvdb>Feedback
score is 100 to 499)
	 Apr-09-05 08:32
	5173711082
<http://cgi1.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemWithCategory&item=5173711082>

	Reply by georgep: No Payment for 30 Days - Makes up problems and lies
to eBay - Beware !
	 Apr-09-05 09:29

	Negative feedback rating
	Bid shiller VERY DISHONEST SELLER, tries to sell items he has alredy
sold !!!!!

	Buyer   glenvdb
<http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=glenvdb>
( 131
<http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=glenvdb>Feedback
score is 100 to 499)
	 Apr-09-05 08:31
	5172355829
<http://cgi1.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemWithCategory&item=5172355829>

	Reply by georgep: No Payment - Lies to eBay and Uses eBay as an excuses
- deserves to be suspended
	 Apr-09-05 09:30