[Coco] Cutting WP notch on DSDD disks?

PaulH96636 at aol.com PaulH96636 at aol.com
Wed Sep 29 18:28:11 EDT 2004

>the blank disks that I
>purchased in bulk with Carl Boll (I think) do not have a
>Write Protect Notch......

Jim,
Back about 10 years ago or so, when I built my last 'tronics
project into aluminum cabinets, I used a R.S. nibbling tool
which cut 1/4" x 1/16" 'bites' in the metal so as to make
switch cut-outs, for example.  The same tool can also be
used to make those diskette notches altho it would take 3-4
nibbles to reach the depth.  Width-wise it's perfect.
Don't know if RS still carries the tool, but a supply house
would certainly have them; if you have hundreds of disks, the
investment would be worth your while.      -p