[Coco] Re: NitrOS-9 on DriveWire diskette

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Tue Sep 28 18:22:13 EDT 2004

> RTFM? Yes. Apparently you might want to take a look too.

I can't.  What I have is a revision that will be 2.0.  I apologize if
it isn't in the manual but I sure thought there were three images that
came on the DriveWire CD.

> It doesn't say anything about 3 images.
>
> The documentation on page 8 says there are two images:
>
> nlevel2.dsk for NitrOS-9 Level Two and
> level2.dsk for OS-9 Level Two.

Ahh, that's it.  nlevel2.dsk is NitrOS-9 (6309) and level2.dsk is OS-9
level Two.  This was pre-NitrOS-9 v3, before the names were
consolidated.

> There is no OS-9 Level 1 image, and in fact the documentation clearly
> states in a note on Page 4 to ignore any references to Level 1 and that
> NitrOS-9 doesn't support it.

Right.  I remember now.

> The CD-ROM unpacks the following files:
> DriveWire.exe
> disk0.dsk
> disk1.dsk
> disk2.dsk
> disk3.dsk
> dwdos.cc3
> cwire.dat
> mfc42.dll
> msvcrt.dll
> nos9l2.dsk
> os9l2.dsk
>
> [some may have been created after running DriveWire, I don't know, but
> certainly didn't delete any...]
>
> So the names don't match the documentation, but I presume
>
> nos9l2.dsk is NitrOS-9 Level 2 for 6309 and
> os9l2.dsk is actually not OS-9 Level 2 but actually NitrOS-9 Level 2
> for
> 6809?

I don't recall.

> Anyway, although the manual doesn't say anything about it, I assume
> nlevel2.dsk is actually NitrOS-9 Level 2 for 6309 and level2.dsk is
> NitrOS-9 Level 2 for 6809.
>
> I just bought this pack, so I'm not sure why your recollection and what
> I actually have are out of sync...

Because the product is a year old and I haven't seen it in as long.
What I have is in various states of testing, and will be DriveWire 2.0.

Boisy

--
Boisy G. Pitre
E-Mail: boisy at boisypitre.com