[Coco] Re: Coco Digest, Vol 11, Issue 104

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Tue Sep 28 17:53:58 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 14:30, Arthur Flexser wrote:
> Doing this from cassette seems kind of clunky.  Much nicer would be to put the
> boot program in a Rompack, IMHO.
>
> Art

A rompack would be OK. But then it would take up the cartridge port. I
may eventually want to put a rs-232 card there.

Actually I didn't even load it from cassette. I converted the 3 second
bootloader to MP3 and loaded it onto my portable player.

Not clunky at all.

Just jack in, type CLOADM:EXEC, hit enter, and press play on the mp3
player.

3 seconds to the OS-9 boot screen, I think that's faster than a disk
drive, silently, and without any head banging and gear grinding.

-- John.