[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Andy´sASCII-Circuit

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Tue Sep 28 05:27:01 EDT 2004

> For us ignorant English speaking folks :)  What is the
> langueage and what did it say?  (Dutch, Flemmish,
> Austrian, Chech?)

Hi Jim,
none of these, just jabbering in pseudo-German...

Ach!          - Oh! (sound of surprise)
Das           - This
mein          - my
grossfader's  - grandfather (actually: Grossvater)
serial        - serial (actually: seriell)
uppen         - up, at the top (actually: oben)
counter       - counter (actually: Zaehler)
mit           - with
kerflippen,
kerfloppen    - (contains: flip-flop. German verbs terminate in "-en".
and of course we have lots of "k"s (although there're not too much words
starting with "ker-", just to name a few: Keramik (ceramics), Kerbe
(notch, kerf), Kerker (dungeon), Kerl (guy), Kern (nucleus, kernel),
Kerosin (kerosene), Kerze (candle))

As you can see it means nothing, but it sounds funny. Imagine you don't
speak German, but you've heard someone speak German or remember
something you learned in your childhood and you're trying to imitate
that. It would sound like this.... :-)

I guess Ray was just impressed by this link to a site which has lots of
information on German...
:-)

Regards,
Torsten