[Coco] Viewing GIF files on a Coco

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Mon Sep 27 22:55:06 EDT 2004

On a semi-related note, I have been wanting to enhance NitrOS-9's sysgo
to display VEF files upon bootup.  This could be used to enhance
NitrOS-9's boot up sequence on a CoCo 3.  VEF code would be smaller
than GIF code, and thus the choice for that method.

All that would be needed is assembly code that would blast a VEF
(compressed or uncompressed) file to a NitrOS-9 graphic window.  Anyone
want to try their hand at getting the code up and running, as well as
designing a cool 2, 4 or 16 color NitrOS-9 graphic intro screen?
--
Boisy G. Pitre
E-Mail: boisy at boisypitre.com
Mobile: (337) 739-7584