[Coco] Re: Thought

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Fri Sep 24 16:46:34 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 11:54, Charlie wrote:
> Is the Disto Super Controller 2 a no-halt controller?
>
> I have one in my coco and Nitros9 gets choppy like you said, doing disk
> reading/writing.
>
> Charlie

Don't know. I understood what it was for at the time, but I couldn't
justify buying the no-halt controller back then, since my J&M controller
was working peachy, and I didn't really need to timeshare my coco 3, it
was just a fun thing to try to say I'd dunnit.

Which I did, it just wasn't pretty... plain old bitbanger nullmodem
connection slow speed and choppy multitasking.

In any event, even if you have a no-halt controller I'd guess it would
require a special driver to take advantage of the functionality.

-- John.