[Coco] Thought

Mark Marlette mmarlett at isd.net
Fri Sep 24 06:31:00 EDT 2004

At 9/24/2004 07:26 PM +1000, you wrote:

Mark,

The CoCo is faster than a floppy. We have done it with our hard drive
interfaces. Faster than today's protocols, no way, 6x09 is the bandwidth
barrier and more so the GIME in the CoCo.

I haven't looked at the nth degree of USB, but I view it as being not much
different than implementing it like I'm doing on the Ethernet side.....An
embedded processor that takes care of EVERYTHING and just hands data to the
8 bit uP. It is a purchased chip set solution, proven, it works well and is
VERY impressive. I'm sure there are USB solutions as well. I just haven't
taken it that far. Nor do I plan to with the project I have going on currently.

All fun here, after 20 years this machine can still teach you something. ;)

Regards,

Mark
Cloud-9
http://www.cloud9tech.com