[Coco] DCModem Pak to RS232 conversion posted

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 20:24:52 EDT 2004

> >Hi folks,
> >I have just posted the article, there is a link on the homepage
> > and one on the Projects page...
> >http://www.geocities.com/theother_bob
> >
> ><snip>
> >

> Looks great, Bob!  Thanks for bailing me out of a jam and giving me a
> learning experience.

Thanks Ray,
I'm just glad we could get this info back out to the community... most of us
didn't get every single issue of The Rainbow, so it's nice to know that we can
still share and benefit from these resources.

And for the record, I did not mean to imply that there was anything wrong with
your scans... they were pretty clean for jpeg actually, just expectedly large.
GIF will do a cleaner and smaller rendering for the low-color-count (<256)
images. You may note that the 2 photos are still JPG, the four other images are
GIF. Add in the <20KB of HTML and the entire article is <100KB. Not bad
considering the original four scans totalled ~1.35MB

Bob