[Coco] DCM -> rs232 was Re: Direct Connect Modem Pak

Ray Watts rayanddoraleew at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 22 12:57:35 EDT 2004

John R. Hogerhuis wrote:

>If someone can provide lossless scans (not jpeg!) I can smudge out the
>colored background run it through OCR.
>
>But if you've already typed it, never mind my noise :-)
>
>-- John.

Boy,  I learned a few things with this minor fiasco.  Never had to be
concerned with sending high quality data over the internet with minimum
size before.  The major problem was that the first two pages were in
color and contained color pix.  The next two pages required shades of
gray.  If I had recognized the potential glitches, I could have
deselected the colored pix, then desaturated the text portion.  Probably
could have done some diddling with the gray shades to reduce their file
size also.  Live and learn.

Cheers,  Griz