[Coco] running RSDOS games from hard drive?

Frederick D Provoncha elderpav at juno.com
Tue Sep 21 20:40:46 EDT 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:45:20 -0500 mmarlett at isd.net writes:
> Fred,
>
> This is a BAD sign if you can't complete the loop of copies. Either
> the
> game is copy protected, which I doubt or you have hardware
> problems.
>
> There is NO reason on a totally working CoCo, non protected disk
> that the
> sequence I listed wouldn't copy the disk correctly.
>
> RAM problems???  You had NO VERIFY errors correct? Then the disk
> should
> work as it works on the original. Robert indicates that it works
> under
> emulation so it REALLY points the problem to your system.
>
> My $0.02.
>
> Mark

To answer Boisy's question, I'm actually running RGB-DOS.

To answer your questions Mark, actually I was getting a lot of OB Errors
while the Verify was switched on. I don't recall ever seeing that error
before, I had to look it up in the manual to find out what it was. But in
spite of the error, I was able to perform the backup procedures you
outlined.

As far as the possibility of RAM problems go, wouldn't there be other
symptoms? I haven't noticed any other odd behavior from my Coco. All my
other games work fine. Until I see some additional problems popping up
that could be attributed to RAM problems, I'm not really going to worry
about it.

I've spent too much time on this problem already. Whatever the nature of
the problem is, it's only affecting my ability to play one game
(Tutankamen) directly from the hard drive. I don't even play the game
that often. And if I do want to play it, I can still play it from a
floppy, which is easy enough to do. All my other games work just fine.
I'm not going to worry about this anymore.

Thank you very much everyone for your help. I appreciate it.

Fred Provoncha