[Coco] RS-DOS file manager for OS-9

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Sep 21 13:45:43 EDT 2004

On Sep 21, 2004, at 12:26 PM, Robert Gault wrote:
> As things stand, there already exist two programs for OS-9 that will
> read and write to RS-DOS disks, rsdos and my hrsdos. RSDOS is in the
> OS-9 section of RTSI and my hrsdos is for sale from my web page.
>
> RSDOS will read/write to RS-DOS floppies. HRSDOS takes it one step
> further by also reading and writing to RGBDOS Disk Basic drives on a
> hard drive. I have not make the test myself, but assume hrsdos will
> also work with the Cloud-9 hard drive software.

I have never heard of HRSDOS, but it's a great idea.  Still, it sure
would be neat to be able to:

copy GAME.EXE /rs0/GAME.EXE

:-) Combining that with the SuperDriver descriptors that can access the
HDB-DOS portion of the hard drive and the extra steps of "rsdos" are a
thing of the past.  I will be looking at the file manager code down the
line to see how easy it would be to do, unless someone beats me to it.

		-- Allen