[Coco] HDB-DOS wish list

Benoit Bleau benoit.bleau at verizon.net
Tue Sep 21 13:45:17 EDT 2004

Can I make a wish list for new features in HDB-DOS?

1. Add partition support (maybe something like 8 partitions) stored in the
eprom or flash.  Each partition could be defined as drive:offset and
accessed as drive #0, #1 , #2 etc.

For scsi,  that drive:offset could be 0 to 7 and for ide drive could be
0 for master, and 1 for slave.

Using this method, we could have many partitions on the same drive, and
others on different drives.

2.Modify backup to allow backups from one partition to another?
	Backup 255#0  to 255#1    Backup from partition 0 disk 255
					    Partition #1 disk 255.

3.Modify basic to understand the new partition structure. At least get
load/M , run/M and save/M to understand it.

-Ben