[coco] For Boisy or Mark ref Super Driver

Benoit Bleau benoit.bleau at verizon.net
Mon Sep 20 17:12:47 EDT 2004

Mark,Boisy

I found a few 3 gigs hard drives in a rummage sale for 5 bucks, so I decided
to bring them home.  I formatted them using Nitros-9 and the superdrivers,
on my superIDE coco3, and that worked great (took a long, long time,
though).

-I noticed that using the autosizing feature, something happened with the
format program:  when the track(side?) counter reached FFFF, then started
again back at 0. This went on and on, in a loop.  After 24 hours or so,
I assumed that this wasn't normal, and I changed the /i0 descriptors so that
I had a low track count (63) and side count (16) , and a large number of
Sectors per track ( 12000 or so).  I ran the format, and this time it worked
fine.  Is there's a limit of 65535 sides to the format program?

-I tried to format the drives using HDB-DOS, but only got IO Errors.  Is
this because the drives are ATAPI ?

-I tried to use an IDE ZIP-100 drive, and when I try the format command,
I get a device-not ready error in Nitros9. Is there a trick to make it
Work?

Mark,
I've mailed you the SimpleTech 256mb CF.  You should get it sometime this
week.  I've also added my contribution to the superboard effort :)

Thanks for the great products, guys!

-Ben