[coco] For Boisy or Mark ref Super Driver

Benoit Bleau benoit.bleau at verizon.net
Fri Sep 17 12:54:08 EDT 2004

> Could you send me the IDEprobe info on the 256MB CF you are using? I would
> like to log that information into our CF database that we are keeping
> track
> of. Ben is using a 256MB CF and is having problems. I can say that I DID
> NOT have a 256MB CF to test with. So you are going were no man has gone
> before......

I decided to get a SanDisk 128mb CF , and it works great.  Strangely enough,
the big 1gig SanDisk CF doesn't.  The 256 mb that doesn't work either is
made by SimpleTech. I had been using it in various digital cameras without
any problems.

But I'm really glad to have the 128mb working. I'm thinking about installing
a short Y cable inside the coco, and placing the superIDE under the
motherboard. Using the CF will be the bomb. Now, I'll be able to transfer
all my software from disk to the CF, and I won't even need the disk
controller plugged in. I will be able to get rid of the MPI, and put a
RS-232 pack in the coco slot.  That's going to get the clutter out of my
desk.

Mark/Boisy:  do the drivewire drivers work under HDB-DOS?

-Ben

Am I imagining it, or are there more and more people getting their coco out
of storage?