[coco] For Boisy or Mark ref Super Driver

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Fri Sep 17 00:53:41 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 15:09, alsplace at pobox.com wrote:
> Depends on price, but I 100% plan to get DriveWire (hey, it's a cheap
> CoCo/PC/Mac? shared file system -- sorta!), and of course I need the
> KenTon.

Speaking of DriveWire, a Palm PDA would make a nice disk drive for a
Coco, particularly one with a flash card slot.

I am working on a file server piece for Palm
http://bitchin100.com/dlpilot that acts protocol-wise like a Model 100,
NEC 8201a/8300, and Tandy WP-2 compatible "Tandy Portable Disk Drive."
It is in alpha stage but it is working.

Writing something similar to be compatible with DriveWire would be a
good excuse to dust my Coco off.

Is the Drivewire protocol open or closed? That is, will someone give it
to me so I don't have to fire up my serial protocol analyzer ;-)

Sans Palm Pilot, a HP200LX has a CompactFlash slot and would probably be
able to run the DriveWire server with no custom software at all.

I don't suppose everyone has their Coco setup right next to their PC.
Capable Coco setups tend to take up a lot of room.

-- John.