[Coco] SuperIDE and Superdriver rock , but...

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 13:50:53 EDT 2004

--- Benoit Bleau <benoit.bleau at verizon.net> wrote:

> My setup is the following:
<snip>
> FD501 Floppy controler, drive 0 40DS, drive 1 80DS,
> drive 2 40DS (which I can't reach under HDB-DOS)

Ben, you CAN reach the drive under HDB-DOS. If it
works with OS-9, it can work with HDB.

Try this... POKE55455,3 and then DIR2 (with DRIVEOFF)
You should get a DIR of side one of your third drive.

Next try POKE55456,67 and DIR3...
now you should see side 2 of same disk.
POKE55456 with 65,66 or 67 to see the second side of
drive 0,1 or 2 as DRIVE3, respectively.

Now, if you want to make it easy on yourself, download
Color FOG and install it on a hard drive (must be >3)
http://www.geocities.com/theother_bob
Now in setup tell it you have three drives and it will
let you map the drives however you want, on the fly...
just Ctrl+click the floppy button you want to change.

On a three drive setup, there are six drive sides, only
four of which can be used at once, so two of the floppy
buttons should be blank at all times. Click a blank
button and the re-map dialog appears.

Bob
http://www.geocities.com/theother_bob/