[Coco] Updated KenTon SCSI drivers for OS-9?

alsplace at pobox.com alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Sep 15 11:41:07 EDT 2004

Bob, what do you mean by "disconnect/reconnect"?

I keep suspecting it is a conflict from SCSISYS and whatever IDE driver
I try to use (Glenside, or now SuperDrivers).  I recall SCSISYS had
some cache thing with an 8K block that got banked in and out, but it
seems it would either always work, or always fail if that were the case.

Also, if I boot from the SuperDrivers disk then load the Kenton stuff
(SCSISYS and k0, my descriptor -- Kenton drive 0), it works.  But if I
boot from the NitrOS9 image Mark put on my hard drive and load the
SCSI, it hangs.  So it's got to be a simple combination of modules.

Now, if I could just do this the correct way -- build a proper boot
using the provided scripts -- maybe I'd be in better shape, but I
modified a bootlist that included the SuperDrivers and removed the SCSI
stuff there I did not need (Sx descriptors, lltc3 sub-driver) and added
the scsisys and k0, and it also did not work.

So it's got to be something about how those drivers use memory.  The
weird thing is, it may work -- copying files happily for HOURS --
before it hangs.

I will be trying to get the unsupported, non-tested, "might work but if
your drive dies it's your fault" KenTon driver from Boisy and see if
that fixes me up.  ELse I'll write my own -- Boisy's driver module
makes even me look at it and say "hey, I could write a hard disk
driver!" :-)

     -- ALlen