[Coco] got a spare coco3 anyone?

David Hazelton davehazelton at access-4-free.com
Tue Sep 14 20:44:52 EDT 2004

mmarlett at isd.net wrote:

> Carl was the AT306 sold by Whitman Computers and had MGR as it's GUI. Was
> slow on the GUI but the machine is great. Virtual windows and all. I like
> like mine...Still use it. :)
>

>>In a message dated 9/13/04 9:58:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>>daveekelly at earthlink.net writes:
>>

>>>Is this the one with the 68306 CPU put out by Kreider Electronics? It
>>> also use PC cards.
>>
>>That may have been the AT-306, the last of the hobby 68K attempts.
>>It included OS9/68K and some failed GUI attempt, maybe GEM, I forget
>
> exactly.
>
>>I know that someone was trying to port UltiMusE to it and gave up, since
>
> the
>
>>GUI and graphics were just too slow and incomplete.
>>
>>To add to the confusion, there was a 68306 CPU powered drop-in replacement
>

>>card for the MM/1 sold for a while.  I didn't get one, so my MM/1 is still
>

>>"stock" with 3 MB of RAM and a mere 40 MB HD (which is dangerously close
>
> to full;
>
>>I've had to house clean it a few times).
>>--Mike K.
>>
>>--

Mark~

I have a AT306 also, the lack of usable GUI and lack of software has it
in the corner of the computer room,  I would like a Ethernet tcp/ip
stack instead of the PPP application (name I have forgotten) to connect
to my network.

	What do you use yours for So, maybe I can find an excused to fire the
baby up :)

~David Hazelton