[Coco] CoCo activity

mmarlett at isd.net mmarlett at isd.net
Tue Sep 14 17:21:56 EDT 2004

Jim,

Each person's case I'm sure is different. I can tell you for a FACT that
where I'm at today in my job is from the CoCo. I actually get a kick out of
telling people at work about what we do. They laugh and say really? Is
there a market for that computer? What do you do with it? I tell them that
I learn and they laugh. What can you learn from it? So then we start to
talk SCSI, IDE and it is VERY apparent that they don't know anything other
than how to spell it and plug it in. :) Four years ago I interviewed at
Seagate, SCSI division. Interviewed with Firmware Engineers and we talked
SCSI, one admitted that I knew more than he did on the low level interface.
All CoCo, self taught. Concepts are they same, they apply, you just need
the vision to see the CoCo for what it is. It has been apart of my life
since, geeeeezzzzz '83. Almost everyday of my life for the past seven years
that Cloud-9 has been around.

There is a lot this machine can teach you.

Best of luck,

Mark
Cloud-9