[Coco] Updated KenTon SCSI drivers for OS-9?

alsplace at pobox.com alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Sep 14 15:19:34 EDT 2004

Well, I spoke too soon.  When I woke this morning, the CoCo was locked
up copying files from the Kenton to the SuperIDE.  CLEAR would blink
the cursor (so the system was alive) but I could not break out of
anything.  It hung in the Kenton code, I think, because even after
reboots the Kenton still was locked.  I had to power down the drive
(SyQuest EZ-135) and restart everything and then it was fine.

So, still some problems there preventing me from copying all the old
SCSI to IDE, but getting closer.  Now that I have a more stable system
I am going to try to put the SCSISYS in the boot (I've been loading it
on startup) and see if that helps.

Once I get all of this archived to a CD, I will feel much better --
between the stuff on this hard drive, and my floppies, that's
everything I have ever done on the CoCo.  A secondary goal will be to
try to archive all of my floppies.  WHew.  That's going to be a big
task.  HUNDREDS!!!

     -- Allen