[Coco] got a spare coco3 anyone?

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Mon Sep 13 20:14:18 EDT 2004

In a message dated 9/13/04 2:53:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bdevries at gil.com.au writes:

> Blackhawk made the MM/1 didn't they?

No, it was originally made by Paul Ward and his company under the name of
Multi-Media Enterprises or something close to that (I know that's wrong, but
close).  Interactive Media Systems?  Something like that.

After Paul bellied up and got out of Dodge, David Graham took it over, and
maybe didn't supply any more MM/1 kits, but he did supply peripherals and cables
and the like.  Just remembered, Graham's DBA was "Blackhawk Enterprises."  So
maybe you are correct, he may have made some MM/1 kits.

The MM/1 was always supplied as a kit (not much assembly required), to get
around the FCC RFI limits.  I can assure you that an MM/1 obliterates all hope
of FM or TV reception in the same house!

Chris Hawkes (Hawk-Soft) has sold a lot of software and gadgets for the MM/1.

There were three other 68K-based boxes introduced tot he Coco world.  Frank
Hogg's TC-70 was essentially an MM/1 in a beefier mechanical form.  There was
the Del-Mar box, which used PC cards, and another one I forget.  And a fourth,
the PT-68K, which I think was a CPU upgrade for the MM/1, or close to it.

Man, I used to know this stuff cold.  Now I'm doing well to remember how to
operate my MM/1 (it's still ticking).  --Mike K.