[Coco] Re: Coco on a SVGA monitor using the Xrgb-2 Plus

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 12 16:13:33 EDT 2004

--- Kevin Diggs <kevdig at hypersurf.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	One problem with bringing in all these other systems is that we will
> lose the cost advantage of only having to deal with 64 colors.

1) I don't believe there's much cost advantage there to begin with, a triple
ADC chip is less time & labor than hand-picked discreet components.
2) even if that is the case, that's where the "modular" nature comes in... you
charge a little extra for extra features. Maybe the Full ADC version costs $10
more, while CoCo3 users could have the choice of a cheaper(?) limited ADC.

Bob