[Coco] Re: s video details

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Sun Sep 12 15:41:22 EDT 2004

Hi,

	I don't believe this is quite correct. I believe that SVHS records in
essentially the same format as VHS. They get higher bandwidth because
the main carrier has a higher frequency. I have a couple of VHS VCRs
that will ... try real hard to play SVHS tapes ... and do a pretty good
job until the picture has to much detail. Then they foul up those parts
of the picture. If the signal were recorded different then a normal VCR
would be TOTALLY confused.

	DVD players don't have RGB out. The component video out has essentially
the same components that are in composite video. They just have not been
smashed and abused and crammed into one signal.

					kevin

P.S.:	My SVHS VCR is a Mitsubishi HSU-770. It is, in my opinion,
	a piece of crap.