[Coco] Re: Coco on a SVGA monitor using the Xrgb-2 Plus

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Sat Sep 11 11:06:46 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 21:26, Bob Devries wrote:
> John Hogerhuis said:
> > Offer cables for the handful of vintage systems that use Analog RGB.
> > Does the Amiga use it? Atari?
>
> Yes, both Amiga and Atari 520/1040 use analog RGB signals. The hardest part
> will be to source the plugs to suit. The Amiga uses a 23-pin D type
> connector, and the Atari uses a Din-style plug with 11(?) pins.
> --
> Regards, Bob Devries. Dalby, Queensland, Australia.
> Faith isn't faith until it's all you're holding on to.
> http://e4god.com/freeblogs/bdevries/

Well the Amiga has an active user community. I don't know the size of
the Atari ST crowd, but probably worth it to solve the problem for them
too.

I'd say you could ramp up the initial build to at least 200 unless a
similar product already exists (which in initial searches it seems there
is no such animal).

Are the 23-pin DIN plug and 11-pin DIN plugs no longer manufactured?

If we could source at least the Amiga DIN plugs, I think we would have a
nice little market.

-- John.