[Coco] Re: Coco on a SVGA monitor using the Xrgb-2 Plus

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Fri Sep 10 11:57:11 EDT 2004

> is not so forth coming with thier application notes. It bothers me that you have to
> request application literature and that they are not freely giving that away.

I found a free design on another site.

> >From what I see of the spec sheets the two Averlogic chips are going to need a PIC
> or some small controller IC to initialize the chips on power up. So  there is about $5
> to $8 dollars more.

I think this is only necessary if you want to change settings while
using the chip. All important stuff can be set in a jumper style. You
can use gamma correction presets, you mustn't initialize this each time.
It is only for developers to play around in their specific test
environment if the controller is added.

But you might be right that producng less than 50 boards will be
expensive. Someone has to solder the chips, I don't know how this could
be done. Mark?

Torsten