[Coco] Putting the ADOS software on the web

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Tue Sep 7 12:54:51 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 21:43, Arthur Flexser wrote:
> I'm willing to put ADOS, ADOS-3, and Extended ADOS-3 up on the web
> somewhere so that people can access it freely.  Is anyone willing to host
> this and handle the job of posting it?  I have no means to email it
> anywhere, but can send 5-1/4" CoCo disk(s) and copies of the docs for
> someone to scan and post.  (Better yet would be if someone had the means
> to convert my Telewriter Ascii files of the docs to something more readily
> accessible;  my current copies of the docs for ADOS-3 and Extended ADOS-3
> are poor quality dot-matrix printed.)  Even the commented source code for
> the ADOS patches could be made available, if there is any interest.
>
> Art

Have you picked a license? Some choices include:

1) Public domain
2) BSD license
3) GPL license

I host the Model 100 Open Source Software repository. If you (or any
other Coco developers) want to open source their work, I could make a
section for the Coco (my first love/best teacher). Opening source code
is a great way to preserve our computing heritage, as well as make new
hobbyist hardware hacks easier, and make the rampant copying
guiltless...

http://bitchin100.com/m100-oss_about.html

I'd have to rely on others to make file conversions, but I doubt that
will be a big problem.

-- John.